Day 5
Can you see my little tummy? By the way, those are our new recliners that I ordered before we moved in. They really change the look of the room.

Look closely, can you see my pinky and pointer finger are raised on my right hand? Ironically, when you try to do something with your right hand, your left does it as well.

this is my new trick...raising my right arm.

Me standing without any assistance.Today we went to UT southwestern Medical Center for my appt w/ the neurologist. He says that he is not sure that what I had was a stroke. He says that it could be Acute Encephalamyelitis Also called Acute Demyelated plaques (like MS but only one schlorosis) aka ADEM. So they have ordered more MRI's of the head, neck, and back. So no answers yet....which is a little frustrating in this world of being able to do things/get things now, but wait and see we shall do.
I just had PT today, it was hard. I had to push, then pull a sled around, pull, then push myself on a rolling stool, walk with the human chopsticks ( to practice my gait), ride a bike for 5 minutes, walk on a treadmill for 10 at .7. They say that my strength is good, just my endurance. Amazing that not too long ago I was running 3 miles a day (12 min miles but still running nevertheless) and now walking 5 mailboxes down wears me out. But further and longer each day, so that is good.
No appts tom, we have to go pick up my medical alarm bracelet(says I am on lovenox) so if I am in an accident they will kinow that I am on bloodthinners. Funny I have never been much of a jewelry wearer, guess I will get used to it. Sometime ask Matt about my pearl necklace, and you will see what I mean about the not wearing jewelry thing.
The pups are glad to have me home. Vander keeps nudging my right side, and licking my right leg. Twix keeps guarding me, and Snickers keeps checking on me.
Matt is getting better and better at the whole shot thing, he tells me to hurry and get ready as he has other patients to see now. In fact, here he is now.......
Back again...he moved on to his next patient...we went to Lowe's this evening, and I pushed the cart. Did you know the parking lot in to Lowe's is uphill? so that was hard work. Of course, what we were there for was at the back of the store. Then lucky me, my shots were in at CVS, so we now possess a month's supply of Matt's weapon.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home