Day 7
Hi all. OB appt went well. Had an ultrasound, and my Dr confirmed it was a boy!!!! We did not realize that they would be doing an ultrasound, so Matt was not there. But, I have to go to a high-risk OB Nov 1, and they will do a 3-d ultrasound, so that will be super-cool and Matt will be there for that. When I was at the ob's, I was in the restroom preparing to do my urinalysis. Actually I was trying to write my name on the stinking cup...But I dropped my cane, and it made a huge clattering noise, and the nurses all came running to the door. I think I gave them heart-attacks!!! When I asked if I was considered a high risk patient, I was told that having a stroke during pregnancy does qualify me as high-risk, go figure!
My appt with my family practitioner went well, except I am in the stinking high risk category, so I had to have a flu shot. I am beginning to not hate needles as much. But I really dont have a choice, do I? The nurse gave me a sticker that says "You think you're tough? I'm the toughest...I got a shot." Both drs today still think that I had a stroke due to my hypercoagulated state of pregnancy, so I am reassured with that for now. They believe that the MRI with contrast is not a good thing for pregnant women, so they are doing more research, and the high-risk OB will get that figured out!
I have OT in a little bit. I am looking forward to it. Mom left today. She was a huge help! So now I am trying to figure out how to get from point a to b, so dont be surprised if I call and ask for a ride. The good thing is that since I didnt have a seizure, we are just waiting on my hand and ankle to come back. I am planning to go back to work part-time (between all the dr's visits) starting Monday. I am looking forward to being useful again! Hope all is well with you guys. Several of you have told me that you cant get the comments to work, so feel free to email me at elizabethlhanley@yahoo.com

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home