updates

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Time flies!

We realized tonite I have not been too good at updating the blog lately. Truth be told, I haven't taken that many pictures lately. Heres the few I have taken:

Silas & Aunt Abby playing video games
helping Daddy assemble the NEW tool chest

Silas even got his own keys to Daddy's tool chest

Oh, and its hard to tell in these pictures, but Silas has new shoes. He is so proud of them.

Here is Silas at the first birthday party he's ever attended. He LOVED the phone from Caitlyn's kitchen set.

Esther enjoyed her cake. Can you tell?

The girls are eating and Silas is worried about the phone calls he is missing.


Mimi was so considerate and got a gift for Silas to open too! He LOVES the cars.

wait--this looks like a toy I might like....
Faith showed Silas how to use the piano. Aunt Bethany & Uncle Jeff are keeping their promise to introduce him to music. Uncle Jeff let him play on a xylophone.

So a lot has been going on this summer.
1. Silas has hit the terrible 2's. He throws his body on the ground, kicks and screams. It is like a little monster has taken over his body sometimes. He also has started pulling out his hair when he gets really frustrated, which I am told is normal for this age. He hits me, throws things at me. Poor little guy was in SO much trouble this weekend, but he just kept throwing things at me.
2. But then he can be the sweetest little man. He runs up to me and throws his arms around me when he first sees me in the evenings. He likes to play this game while he is changing clothes--he hugs my neck really hard and likes me to burrow my chin into his chest--I think it tickles based on all the giggles.
3. His vocabulary is SO big: "SHH Mommy. No talking" "Shhh Mommy, Daddy sleeping", "Mommy No sir be nice" (accompanied by the finger pointing), "Good Lordy", Twixie be quiet. One of my favorite words that he says is weeedieeeater, just a couple of extra syllables there. He loves cars, we will pass a car and he will say Tyler's car, or Jackson's car. BIDIcycle is also a favorite word. Once after a teenage babysitter had babysat him the night before, when he got up he said "where's chelsea". When he wakes in the morning he sits in his crib (yes still in the crib) and reads to himself. It is really funny to hear over the monitor. Then when he is ready to get up he says: Mommy where ARE you. If he has a stinky and we ask him about it, he always responds, No its clean.
4. other big things going on: We are pregnant again. I am due January 31. For those doing the math, that means I am about 15.5 weeks. Also for those thinking back to the previous pregnancy, I had the stroke at 16 weeks. This time though I have been on Lovenox shots from the day we discovered the pregnancy. I have been seeing the high risk ob every 4 weeks and then in-between those visits, the regular ob. I also see my neurologist every 3 months, and my gp every 5 weeks. So a lot of drs in the mix but that means I am well taken care of. I will post some pregnancy pictures soon and a picture of Little Bit soon.
5. the other thing (yes there is more) is that we have had our house on the market. We do have a contract on it now, we will see how that pans out. We are really looking for more of a yard. With 3 dogs, and kiddos, a yard that can be played in is very important to us. I will post pictures if the sale does go through.
Hope you all are enjoying your summer. I will try to be more faithful in my postings.
--b

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home