new house
ok guys. Again I must apologize for the delay in posting. We have been super busy. We did sell the house, and have moved. We are still unpacking--2 weeks later. I had taken all sorts of before pictures of the house on my phone, which then proceeded to crash. So I don't have any before pictures, sorry . But to tell you about it. Matt, Bob (a good friend) and Steve (Matt's business partner) painted all but the main room. Renata (Steve's wife) and I unpacked and organized everything. We had a fence built. Today an interior decorator came over to help with the last bit of organizing--the "where do we put this?" part. Silas LOVES his new "big back yard" we play outside every evening. Tonite Matt & Silas were playing with Silas's new "golf clubs". They were having a blast. The puppies also LOVE the big backyard too. There have been LOTS of perimeter checks. Poor Snickers has hurt his back hip/legs he really has a hard time making perimeter checks.
This is a picture of Twix on a perimeter check (she is the little spot in the background) that is part of the side yard. The house sits on 8/10 of an acre and probably 6/10 is backyard. It is an amazing find. The other really cool thing about the backyard is that after about 6:30 pm the entire patio area is shaded.
This is a picture of the breakfast nook. We painted it a moss green and it looks AMAZING with the furniture that we brought from the old house.
We love the new kitchen. To be completely honest I havent cooked in it yet. Our fridge didn't fit, so we have it in the garage. I cant wait to use the kitchen.
This house had an office, which we turned into a playroom. This is by far my favorite room in the house, and the room that I am most proud of. You should have seen Silas when he went into it for the first time. It was like Christmas day all over again as most of his toys were in storage due to the house being on the market. It is really cute (if I do say so myself). Renata was a huge help in getting this room together.
This is the entryway looking from the den area. It is very open and has tons of natural light. The one thing that we gave up in the move was all the built in bookcases from the old house. So we are going to be adding bookshelves. Silas also has really enjoyed the stairs. Vander on the otherhand really cant figure them out. He falls on his face several times when going up the stairs. The first step is wooden but the others are carpeted. I don't know how he does it, but he slips and faceplants it EVERY time on that step.Other noteworthy news--we found out that little bit is a boy. So Silas will have a baby brother in January. This made setting up the nursery so much easier.
I will try to get pictures on the camera soon and upload them. Enjoy
--b





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home