updates

Monday, October 23, 2006

Back to reality

Today was my first full day. I had pt/ot from 9-11, then I went to work from 1230-5. I am going to sleep well. At pt I had to ride the bike for 5 mins, walk on the treadmill for 10, do several different types of leg stretches including one legged squats. Then I had to do leg extensions. push/pull myself around the room with just my right leg, push and pull this 50 lb cart around, climb up and down a ladder.Then in ot, I had to pull out then put back in these pegs from their holes. Then I had to brown meat (practicing the stirring--wrist action) and then stir in taco seasoning. That was torturous for a hungry pregnant woman. So I was tired from therapy before I even went to work.

It was good to be back at work and doing something. I shadowed the new employee so that she was more comfortable working with the public. So I was not wearing myself ragged, but I was working. I had to write something, and someone commented that my left handed writing is not much worse than my right. I think that I am up to a 1st grade level on my handwriting. If you want to attempt what it feels like....sit on your dominant hand and try to write something with your non-dominant hand. That is what it is like, I cant make my right hand help hold the paper still or turn it.

I am now 20 weeks pregnant and the baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom, and about 10 inches from head to heel. I keep getting charlie horses at night, they say it is a pregnancy thing and not a stroke thing.

I will be working half days this week and ndext so I will most likely be doing my updates in the evening.

1 Comments:

Blogger M said...

Try eating a banana before you go to bed - may help with the charlie horses.

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home