Driving Day 2
Yesterday I went shopping all by myself since the stroke. It was great! I returned some clothing that didn't work and looked for some black flats. Do you know how hard it is to find flat shoes that have some tread on the bottom that are appropriate to wear to work? I was told that I can only wear flats, and since I am so newly off the cane, I should probably wear shoes with tread. The only flats I saw were slick bottomed or black tennis shoes. I got frustrated with my lack of finding things and went home.
Matt and I put up our Christmas tree yesterday. Yes, I know it is before Thanksgiving, but this was the best weekend for us as we will be busy every other one. So we go to put the topper on our new tree and it is too heavy, the star is leaning sideways. It looks really funny, so we now have to find a new topper. Vander didn't know what to think of the tree so he laid down beside it and took a nap. Which I guess is better than the alternative of trying to climb it....
Today after church I ended up going through half of my closet to find a shirt that fit over my stomach. Just yesterday half of them fit. So I may have to go out shopping on my own again, oh darn!
My bruise is looking much better. It does still have a knot underneath it, but I am being very faithful about heat/cold compress. And I spoke too soon on the left side not bruising. Although part of that could be that for the past 7-8 days I have been giving both shots on that side so I could avoid the swollen side. So I am trying to alternate. Matt said he may start giving me some because he can reach towards the back of the lovehandles and I can't. It is much harder to give myself the shots on the right side. I pinch the inch with my left and stab with the right. Try pinching yourself in the right hip area, don't forget I have a bowling ball for a stomach to contend with.
We drop the computer off tomorrow, maybe we will have it back tomorrow?! If so, I will add more pictures of the ever-growing tummy! Have a good Sunday!

1 Comments:
hi- am amazed & delighted by your progress- you go girl! a suggestion on the flat shoes. check Target- my daughter likes flats & they have really nice cherokee brand ones- rj
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home