updates

Saturday, November 11, 2006

weekend ramblings

Well, we are still having some computer issues. Thus the reason for the sporatic posting.

I am doing much better. I feel as though my walking is much more normal and that my right knee is not giving. I am doing my leg exercises more faithfully, and I am really noticing a difference. They only ask me to do 10 one legged squats, but I am able to do 30, so I do. My handwriting is looking more and more normal everyday. Much to some people’s dismay, it is going back to the illegible scribble.

I must be getting better as Vander is not following me everywhere as my shadow, but instead staying within 5 feet of me. He sometimes goes out into the hall where he can still see me, but it is much more comfortable for his nap.

Yesterday we went grocery shopping (along with every other person in Texoma….who knew, I thought they’d be at the Battle of the Axe) and I pushed the completely full cart around the store. I was tired, but I did it. I am feeling stronger and stronger every day. It is amazing how much more normal I feel now than I did even a week ago.

Today I made a couple of bracelets and necklaces, and was able to tie off the string myself. I think that is a huge improvement, to have that hand-eye coordination to string the bead. I decided to make red bracelets and necklaces—my way of doing a stroke awareness thing.

I did some research on strokes in pregnancy yesterday. One study researched 100,000 pregnancies. 8 had strokes. One lady died, 4 pregnancies were medically terminated, and 3 had children. I am very lucky, I am on the path to the 3. Another study showed that 34 out of 100,000 had strokes during pregnancy (with most either in the 1st trimester or during labor). I do seem to be in the minority on that one, I was in the 2nd trimester.

I am really starting to feel the little guy move around. It is like he is a gymnast, doing flips. He gets especially active after I use the restroom. It is like he is saying, “Ahh I can stretch!!”

Matt just came and got me and had me move the cars into the garage. He has spent the whole day priming and painting the bookshelves, and he was covered in paint. But I did it!!!!! I moved the cars in and was able to stop when I wanted to. I feel that I am almost ready to quit being chauffered. I will see what they say at PT on Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home