updates

Monday, November 13, 2006

its Monday!!!

I had two big things happen today..I don't have to use the cane anymore!!! I had them write a note for me and I had to give it to my boss. But I can walk without it!
The second of the 2 big items today. I gave myself the shot both times today!! Yea me!
I got too nervous last night…I chickened out. Then I couldn’t sleep last night because I was so mad at myself. So I woke up this morning and decided I was doing it. It was hard to see over the belly and pinch an inch. But I did it this morning and tonite (and I thought it was a one time deal, but no….now Matt is making me do it by myself).

In PT today, I wizzed through my exercises, and even did more reps today…30 instead of 20. I also did another 1st walking on the treadmill at 1.0. And I even did it for 20 minutes, my furthest so far. They told me that I could drive around the neighborhood with Matt in the car. So guess what we will be doing later, so look out Denison—here I come!! My PT said that he’s not sure I’m limping any more, he thinks that it is just the pregnancy waddle. I’m not too sure what to think of that….

In OT I told her of my deficiency I discovered today. I couldn’t pinch hard enough with my pointer and middle fingers opposite my thumb to push the safety latch out on the shot. So now I have medical playdough I get to play with. It is really hard. But tonite I was able to push it out. Then I had to lift weights reminiscent of my Nautilus days. They had me do my exercises with my right and left, and I thought of Sig Lawson my old PF coach at AC, “What’s good for the right is good for the left!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home