updates

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Wednesday

No posting yesterday as we had technical difficulties with the internet. After 2 hours on the phone with them today, I now have a band-aid solution. I no longer have wireless connection, but can get on the internet, so no more sitting in bed and surfing. Oh, well.

Yesterday at OT, I baked a French Coconut pie. Actually I baked 2, one for them, and one to take home. It was delicious, even if I do say so myself. One of the things that I am appreciative of in OT is that they have me doing real world things. I don't just lift weights to strengthen my wrists, I put lotion on my legs and brush my hair. She told me that as a stroke victim, my brain would do better if I was doing things that my brain could associate a remembered activity with. I didn't tell her I had never cooked a pie from scratch before! :)

I asked when I would lose the cane at PT, they said that I had to work on my balance more, but that I could walk short distances without the cane. I told them that I have very watchful friends and coworkers who wouldn't let me walk anywhere without it. Then I asked when I can drive. She said the doctor had to release me. I said that the doctor had informed me that they had to tell her when I was ready. I think I'm getting the run around ;). I just feel like a nuisance to everyone asking for rides all of the time. But I know that in due time I will be able to drive, and if people who know more think that I'm not ready, I don't want to be driving and hurt myself or someone else. I just miss the independence!

I called the OB today, as I have had a nagging headache for 2 days. Not like the ones I was having prior to the stroke, but just nagging. They kind of freaked, at least they didn't tell me to go to the ER. But they did have to research what I could take. It turns out that Tylenol is it. I really think that it is allergy related, as I have had allergy issues during this time of year since we moved back here to Denison. I could just picture Matt's face when I called to tell him they had sent me back to the ER, and wasn't looking forward to that.

Last night when Matt was preparing to give me my shot, he found some medical gloves and put them on. Then he said, hurry, there are more patients to see. He keeps trying to convince me to give myself the shots. I tell him I can't for 2 reasons: my love handles are in back and I can' t reach, and my hand is still shaky (not really, just can't bring myself to do it). I know that I need to learn, what if Matt is unavailable? It is just a little unnerving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home