Swimming Day!
Today was OT first. I first did the heated whirling cornmeal thing. 10 minutes with my hand just in it, 10 minutes just moving my hand, and 10 minutes grabbing at a ball and releasing it. Then she used massage oil and massaged my hands. The concern was the swelling that has been in my hands, that it could settle and cause damage. But we think it is almost all worked out now.
Then it was on to the PT swimming day. I had to walk laps forwards, backwards, and sideways. The do leg lifts front, side and backwards with a 2 lb weight (felt like 20 lb). Then I had to do curls wrists down, wrists up and out to my side with a 2 lb weight-again felt like 20. Then I had to stand on one leg for 2 minutes, then switch. 45 minutes of constant movement in the pool. It was exhausting. My therapist said that she was wanting me off of the cane and AFO soon (like trying Monday). They are going to test my reaction time with one of those move the box thing while you are manipulating the ball to not fall in any of the holes. I have to get to a certain number so that I can drive, but soon!!!
My dr has said that I can work all day tomorrow. We figured that Friday was a good day to try so that I would have the weekend to rest up. Also next week is a 4 day week due to Veterans day, so I only have to make it through 4 days!! Next week I am allowed to work 6 hours per day. Some of this is limited by my not being able to drive and my therapy and doctor schedule. But yeah, I can work more!!!!
Tonite, Father Curt, Margaret, Karina, and Cade Norman were over for dinner. Father Curt was kind enough to bless the house and even the puppies!!! I held Cade Norman (5 months, 15 lbs) seated, but moving him around--lifting him up and such. Then I lifted Karina Norman into a bar stool, and she is a toddler. So I am able to do more and more!! I also carried Snickers like he likes to be held-- as a child.
Wish me luck tomorrow!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home