updates

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Week 7 post stroke

Look at how big I am getting. Also notice Vander at my side.
Monday I got up semi early. I say semi because my coworker was quick to point out that when she was picking my up I was ready by 715 at the latest, and it was nearly 745. I think when you are on your own time it is so much easier to just hit the snooze…

But I did go to TMC and visit the “5th floor”. I saw my nurses, Charlotte and Karla. They were so excited to see me. When I left there I was not able to walk and couldn’t lift my arm. Today I drove myself there and walked in without a cane. They were so excited and wanted to parade me around to show the other nurses who didn’t want me on the neuro ward, but in the OB ward. They couldn’t get over my stomach size or that I was walking.

After work, I got the laptop back able to be turned on!!! Yeah! The wireless internet was working at their place. So it was determined that I should cal l the router’s customer service and get it fixed. Let me just say that this company was not into the service part of customer service. The man yelled at me and said I obviously didn’t know how to type or the problem would be fixed. When Matt got on the line and asked to speak to his supervisor, he yelled at Matt and hung up. You can only imagine how that went over. After calling back we found out the man had deleted all references to our call. So still no wireless internet, but at least we have internet.

I whizzed through my therapy today. They called me the miracle stroke patient. Another patient told me (jokingly) that I no longer belonged there, I was too normal. They said that I would be released in 2 Tuesdays.

In OT they have me sewing bean bags to use in other people’s therapy sessions. I am able to walk a lot faster now. Not quite as fast as before, but definitely picking up speed. It is very exciting to be improving like this.

My bruises are healing nicely. The heat/cold compress thing works. Vander is now curious about what I am doing and tries to get involved when I give myself the shots. He is still super protective of me.

The baby is now a little over a foot long and just over a pound. The doctor said that I should start to feel him more regularly. It seems that he likes the 10-11am hour and 10-11pm hour. I am coming down the home stretch-24 weeks. They are going to induce, but I don’t know the timetable on that.

Next week begins another round of doctor appointments. I have the cardiologist, and high risk ob. Then the next week I have to see the neurologist at UT Southwestern again.

Now that we have the computer back, I should be able to update more regularly. I hope that you have a great week!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home