Tuesday
I really think they are trying to torture me at therapy....today during my ot time, this lady started getting the food together for another potluck, this time all stuff from Jason's Deli. What are they trying to do??
During OT I had to show her my stretches that I do each day, and my wrist does not flop over anymore!! Then I had to get on all 4s and rock forwards to backwards (like a baby trying to crawl), then side to side. Then I had to lift opposite leg and arm. Surprisingly the weak part was my knee. Then I had to squeeze this weight thing for grip, and tested each individual finger, my ring finger is the weakest right now. She said it is the follower finger. Then I had to do a word seek with my right hand circling the words.
During PT, they did e-stem on me. Basically it is an electronic current that makes my toes come up, but they put it on your calf muscle. It is really strange how thaat works. I had to walk 10 mins on a treadmill like that. I did 5 mins on the bike, the leg extender, push the 50 lb sled. Then I had to pull myself around the room on a stool with my right leg. I am doing much better at that. I showed her that I could point my toes, and pull them back. So she had me try to make circles clockwise and counterclockwise with my ankles, and I could do it!!!! The counterclockwise was much harder than clockwise and she said it was normal for that to be so. She said with spontaneous recovery like that I shouldnt have to wear the AFO much longer. That also means I am that much closer to driving!!!!!
Last night I was calling someone and their phone was just ringing and ringing, and I looked down and my fingers were rapping in impatience. I can also make the sign for #1 and #2!! Things are continuinmg to just come back, I feel like a kid at Christmas!!
Work went well today. Again I sat with the new lady, I am enjoying it. It enables me to go back to work sooner, and it is helping them out as well with her training. After work, Matt and I went to Target to get the decoration for Halloween for the youth party we are having on Sunday. That was a hour of pushing an ever-filling shopping cart. So now I am tired!
My stomach is really starting to show..they saw he is the size of a large sweet potato this week. Hope you are having a good day!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home