Thursday
Today again, I went to work in the morning. Then I had OTat 3. They had me put my hand in this heated whirling cornmeal thing. I had to do active movements: opening and closing my hand, turning my wrist, grasping a ball and releasing. Then I had to write my name with my right hand...I am at a kindergarten level, but am rapidly improving! She had me try doing the sign language alphabet, I got to "i" before my hand gave up.Then she tested my hand's range of motion--basically it felt like a massage!
Then I headed over to the pool. Surprisingly it was just me and a 4 year old. We had private lessons. I had to walk laps forwards, backwards, both sides. Then I did squats, butt kicks, raising to my tippy-toes, and knee raises. Then I had to straddle a noodle and kick myself across the pool. Then she put an innertube around me, and I had to do the bicycle motion and the scissor kick motion. I got to see my ot from Reba's today and she was super excited at all I can do. I am really grateful for all the excellent medical care that I have received during this time.
BCBS has assigned me a nurse (again the whole high risk thing) who will be calling me to check on me and the baby the rest of the pregnancy.
My new trick is that I can hold up just my middle finger. They told me that I just needed to get my ankle back, and I was all set to drive. I told them they must be thinking about the other Elizabeth Hanley.
The pool wore me out, so I am heading to bed, and yes it is

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home