Chilling time
I think that Vander is as intrigued as Silas. Vander just wants a buddy! Silas enjoys watching him. Just think what it will be like when Silas is older!!!!
Silas has learned to ham it up in front of the camera. If you pull the camera out, he stops what he is doing to stare at it.
Case in point.
He and his thumb have been inseparable. But it really doesn't seem to matter which thumb! As long as one of them is in his mouth!Here he is practicing.
So he is rolling over. Always from the back to the front, over his left side. The first time he did it, his eyes got really big and his lower lip started trembling and then huge puppy dog tears came down. He scared himself. The second time he got mad because he couldn't get to his thumb. I tell everyone he got my temper because Matt still has his. Silas will get furious...turns beet red and stiffens his body and screams, sometimes you can see his tonsils!!!
Part 2 of rolling over.
Silas hair is getting lighter...in some lights it has a red tint to it, but mainly it is getting blonder. He has rubbed a bald spot (perfect circle) in the back of his head from scooting around in his crib. He moves all over the crib in his sleep. It is crazy to see where he ends up in the morning or after his nap!!! He has a "girlfriend" at school--Ms Nicoles daughter (who is 8---an older woman). He holds her finger and stops crying. She feeds him his last bottle of the day before we get there. It is really cute to see because I think that she is as infatuated as he. This weekend he has a cold, it is so miserable looking, the red eyes and snotty nose. No fever though, I've checked several times. Matt just can't believe that you have to take the temperature rectally for the most accurate, and so he teases me every time I take the baby's temperature. In the evenings we walk outside, as Silas wants to go to bed at 6:30 and we want to wait until 7:30 so that he will sleep longer in the morning. We usually win. He generally goes to bed about 7:30 and we wake him at 6:30. Such a change from a couple of weeks ago.Last weekend I was in the hospital all weekend. It started out as tests and they admitted me to be able to observe me and see. Anyways..I was in the ER Friday late Friday afternoon, and a baby was brought to the room next to mine. He started crying and I started spraying!!! I had to call the nurse to see if they could go get my breast pump out of the car. That is the first time I have had that happen. So they kept referring to me as the breast feeding mom in room 17. One of the tests that they did was the MRI with contrast. They told me that I had to pump and throw for 24 hours because Silas would glow if I didn't. How strange, and what a funny mental image!!! But the good thing is that I have a fresh set of eyes looking at my case now. But that means tests all over again. One of my friends brought her 4 year old to see me, and I was getting out of bed and the little girl grabbed my hand to help me up. It was the sweetest thing ever!!!
We are slowly settling in to a routine, and it is getting much easier. That was such a blessing last weekend when Matt was doing the night routine alone, we are so blessed that he will also take a bottle. We will see how it goes later, I'm taking him to church....keep your fingers crossed. Next week he is baptized and lets hope that it goes well. Speaking of, thank goodness I tried the baptismal outfit that Matt wore on him, Silas is MUCH longer than Matt so it didn't fit. So we scrambled and found one similar. WHEW!!
The dogs are settling in. Vander gets very upset when we let Silas cry himself to sleep, he keeps going to the door to Silas's room and running back to us. It is very cute. Twix will sometimes go to our bedroom and bury her head under the covers. Snickers just ignores. He has softned up to the baby though. He comes to check on him when we are playing on the floor and gives him a kiss. I am really relieved, I thought it was going to be miserable trying to get them acclamated.
Have a great Father's Day!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home