updates

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Relaxing weekend

This has been our first relaxing weekend in over a month. And we have enjoyed it!!!!Silas had his 4 month shots on Friday morning and he was in the best mood ever at the doctors office. He wouldn't stop talking so that she could listen to his chest, he had a lot to report to her. He is now in the 50th percentile on everything. She suggested that we start him on cereal (see below!!). Then the doctor ducked out of the room (so he wouldn't associate her face w/the shots) and he got his shots. He was furious. He screamed the entire time he got the 3 shots, while I dressed him and put him in his carrier. He screamed while we waited in line to check out and screamed while we waited on the elevator. We had to ride down with several couples. They talked to him and he stopped long enough to look at them and then start again. He cried as we walked to the car and while I put him into the car. But by the time that I got in the car, he was sound asleep. I got him to Ms. Nicole's still asleep. This time he only ran a low grade fever with his shots. So he was super clingy yesterday. He slept for 5 hours then got up for 1 1/2 hours and then slept for another two. Got up and then an hour later went down for the night.

Everyone knows how much I love puppies. So we were given several cute puppy items for Silas. Yesterday he was just chilling and relaxing in his puppy dog robe and slippers.




Of course, the thumb is never far. Ms. Nicole expressed concern on Thursday that he was spitting up more than normal. We finally figured out that he is "chewing" on his hand and he is gagging himself.



So we did his first cereal breakfast this morning. I think more of it ended up on the bib than in his mouth. He was intrigued by it but much more interested in his fist. So we will see how this goes. The peditrician said if it starts to disrupt his sleep or he is spitting up more than normal to stop it and resume it later. So we are nervous, we are so protective of his sleep!!! We are finally getting to use the Nascar bibs!!


See....the hand is much more interesting!

Okay, maybe I'll try them both at the same time??..

Ok, Dad's turn to try...




A friend gave him these shades recently, doesn't he look hip??











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home