The belly at 25 weeks. I keep getting asked, "when are you due?". I have to tell them not till March, they say, "wow, you sure are big".
The next shot is of the ultrasound done today. It is a profile shot of his face (left side of screen) with arms raised above head. It is like he is saying "we are the champions"!
This is the shot of the little boy parts. You are looking up through the legs which are bent at the knees. The knees are in the left side of the screen, bottom is on the top right.
This is an ultrasound of the facial features. He is facing towards you, face in left of screen, forehead furthest, eyes and nose are prominent.
We had a good visit at the high risk OB, or Maternal Fetal Medicine as he prefers to be called. The baby weighs 2lb 1oz and is in the 75 percentile. He said that the baby seems unaffected by the stroke. I asked him about what the cardiologist said, and he scoffed. He said that cardiologists should stick to the heart, and let OBs deal with the babies. He said look, here we are 2 months later with a perfectly healthy baby. I also asked about the type of delivery and how that will work. He said that there will be 2 options: induced-assuming that the conditions are right (cervix soft and thinning) or cesarean. I do have to see him every 3 to 4 weeks. It is very interesting to see the ultrasound and the measurements. Matt commented today that if we did have to go to Plano to deliver and my regular OB couldn’t, he is a good alternative. He walked in and started talking, didn’t ever consult my file.By the way, today is 2 months to the day that the symptoms began. Hard to believe it. One cannot tell by looking at me that I had a stroke. I just look like a big pregnant woman.
Then Matt took me to find some shoes. We found some that will work at the DSW shoe warehouse. So I don’t have to walk around in my crocs everywhere.

1 Comments:
I got that comment too last week! He said "Oh, I thought you were going to have a Christmas baby." Was your's from a guy? I don't think they realize how big we can get...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home