Day one OT only
Today was the first day of just occupational therapy. I was waiting in the lobby when another stroke patient and her husband sat next to me. She and I have therapy on Tuesdays and Thursdays together. She is old enough to be my grandmother, and reminds me constantly how young I am. She had her stroke in July and is just now regaining the slight use of her leg and her hand is slowly making progress. Her stroke was more massive than mine. We were discussing how she did not want to cook in OT. Her husband wondered what he would have to do in OT if he were the patient, would he have to cook?
So today I did my exercises and sewed 3 bean bags. They are not the prettiest bean bags you have ever seen as I was dealing with scraps of fabric. I have 5 more to sew. I was trying to figure out how that was OT for my arm, it seemed to be more foot coordination, but oh well.
Tomorrow we are going back to the High Risk OB. We will have another level 2 ultrasound. That should be exciting. The baby is moving more and more. He is 13 inches long and about 1.5 lbs. Long and skinny. Snickers keeps resting his head on my stomach at night and I keep waiting to see him feel the kicking, that should be a funny sight!!
I did a no-no Sunday and used an actual razor to shave. And of course, I cut myself. I am having a hard time getting my leg to quit bleeding. It finally clots and sticks to the bandaid, then when I remove the bandaid it bleeds again. So we will see how long this takes. Matt has made me promise to not shave again without the electric razor. I just don’t like it, I prefer to shave with a razor, but I also don’t want to bleed, so….

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home