Silas Aud Hanley
Meet Silas Aud Hanley, born March 1st 2007. He weighed in at 8 lbs 4 oz. His head was 14 inches around, boy am I glad he was a cesarean baby!!!We got to the hospital on 03/01 and they started a port to draw blood and for the iv. The nurse missed the vein first and had to "fish" then she blew the vein. I was ready to pack it in and go home! Boy am I glad that we didn't!!
The dr asked us the name before doing the procedure and I hesitated until Matt got into the room. When Matt finally told her, she said what, you think in the next 7 minutes someone is going to steal your name. The anesthesiologist said, as slow as you've been this morning, they might!
We've been asked why Silas Aud...Silas was a companion of Paul in the New Testament. He faced many adversities but still trusted in God. We felt that with all that went on during the pregnancy it was fitting. Aud is a Hanley family name, Cherokee Indian for first born son. Thus the name Silas Aud Hanley.
He likes to suck his fingers. Matt caught this shot one morning.
Twix is his little guardian. If he is asleep in his pack and play she is right there watching.

Vander likes to supervise diaper changes. He also likes to kiss his toes.

Meet the newly expanded Hanley clan.

The nurses showed me how to pump. So I pumped and on 03/04 Matt got to feed Silas his first feeding of the day. I think that they both enjoyed it, don't you?

Great Grandma Mac was super excited to meet her first great grandchild.

G.G. and Silas are big buds. Although he refused to open his eyes for her.





1 Comments:
Hey Beth & Matt & Silas! You guys look great! Especially Silas - he's adorable! When do you guys want some Baked Ziti????
Take Care and try to get some rest! Karina wants to meet Silas when you guys are ready!
love, the normans
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home