beginning week 34
Tomorrow is week 34. It feels as though I am getting bigger by the day!
Matt took on some home improvement projects yesterday. The first was to replace the light fixture in the entryway. The prior one was gold and did not match the furniture in there. He had taken lessons from Glenn Price earlier in the fall when Glenn showed him how to do the kitchen fixture. I must say that I was very nervous when Matt announced that he was going to do that yesterday. I was ready with Glenn's number in hand should it get out of hand. But there was minimal cussing (really only once, and that was in the first project)!
Matt actually began with the dining room fixture. This one matches much better with the hardware on the hutch. The prior one was gold as well. This was Matt's first project, and again I am very impressed! He did say that I was going to have to oil his head for him to fit through the doors, as he was that proud!!
Last week we had a very good report at the High Risk OB appointment. The dr told us that he was 6 1/2 lbs. Then we played a guessing game where he scanned a part and asked us which part it was. I got the first 2 right: heart and spine. The 3rd was very hard, and the dr's description did not help. I thought he was describing the little boy parts, but he was talking about the ear. Matt guessed it right, finally!!! We saw that the baby has a little hair, peach fuzz as the doctor called it! Unless my OB tells me tomorrow that I have to go back, I am released from the high risk OB!! All measurements were in the normal range, other than that the baby is in the 90th percentile of size. He said he expects the baby to be between 8-10 lbs. Matt and I had already guessed that, my sister and I were both between 8 & 9, Matt was between 9 & 10, and my brother was over 10. So we didn't have much hope of having a small baby.It is very hard to believe that we are in the home stretch. The baby could be here anytime in the next 3-5 weeks. We are getting ready. This week we interviewed a lady to keep him while we are at work. Matt says she had me in the first 5 minutes when she showed us her litter of 5 wk old terrier puppies. So I feel much better now that we know who will be caring for him while we are at work. She is within 5 minutes of Matt's work, which is going to be a blessing. He will drop off in the morning and I will pick up. The other options were in Sherman, which would mean that I would have to do both and the baby would have a longer day.
The dogs are beginning to suspect that something is up. Snickers is cuddling up to Matt more (very unusual for him), and Vander is sticking very close to me. Vander is very curious of the things we are adding to the nursery. A friend from Dallas was kind enough to share some little boy clothes that were handed down to her, and Vander had to investigate it all. Twix is very much enjoying all the pillows that I use to sleep with, and even growled at me when I tried to move one to make myself more comfortable. I guess she thought I had gotten them for her.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home