February 10th
Today was the shower for us at church. It was a lot of fun, and we got lots of great gifts for Baby Hanley.
The hostesses were the ladies from our Monday group (Michelle, Kathy & Bobbie, Laura was out of town visiting her grandchildren). These ladies (and their respective spouses) have done a lot for Matt and I during the pregnancy. We don't know what we would have done without them!!!
On Thursday night we went over to Glenn & Karel Price's house, and had dinner along with Jenny & Doug. Jenny and Doug are also expecting their first, a little boy--Price, at the end of April.
Everyone lately has been asking us the name....we do have a name picked out, but we decided to keep it to ourselves. Partly because so much of the pregnancy is a certainty, there has to be some surprise. But also because when our friends and other family members were having their children and shared the name, Matt had a violent reaction (at least 2 changed their names, and cited Matt as part of the reason). So I didn't want to be the object of retaliation against Matt.One of the gifts we got today was something I had never heard of....it is a pacifier that when dropped closes in on itself to protect the nipple. That is crazy, but really cool.
When I brought the gifts in Twix spent about 20 minutes inspecting them. She had to sniff every square inch. Snickers also sniffed the area and then went to take a nap. I think that the dogs are beginning to suspect something is up!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home