updates

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Weekend updates

This week has flown by. Yesterday Matt and I went shopping at the Sher-Den mall. We were looking for our Christmas gift for each other: a treadmill. We decided that we would probably not be able to make it to the gym after the baby, but still wanted to continue our running….so we decided to invest in a treadmill. We also went to Baby Depot and played with the travel systems. It was suggested that we go try them out to see which ones that I could manage by myself. Those things are beasts to figure out for the first time!!! I’m sure it gets easier, but it felt like you had to have a master degree in engineering to be able to operate it.

Today I worked overtime. I was able to get most all of my backlog done. I was so excited to not have that pile staring me in the face. However, it really chops up your weekend to work from 730-1230 on Saturday.

Matt found the treadmill we had been researching today. He got it. That’s another thing that you have to have a master’ degree in engineering to put together. But it is together, and in our bedroom. So he can run now, and I can do my “walks”. It does have a 1.0 speed. I don’t know how much longer I will be at that speed, hopefully not much longer.

Tonite we went to our “Monday Night Group” Christmas dinner. It was great to be around them. I don’t know how we would have gotten through these past 2 months without them to chauffer me and cook dinners and check on Matt.

Tomorrow night is the dinner honoring all the people who volunteered this year with the youth. It is here and we have about 20 honorees, and about 8-10 youth (to serve them dinner) expected to be here. We will have a full house. It will be my first time to host that many people—cooking by myself since the stroke. But I am really looking forward to it! I plan on taking nap tomorrow to rest up!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home