updates

Thursday, January 11, 2007

the home stretch

Hi all! here are some photos...Matt is a huge nascar fan, so I found these cute bibs for him/the baby. In the background is the truck that my parents got the baby that Vander growls at constantly.
Here is Matt and Caitlyn Renee Jones on New Years Day. Matt got lots of practice holding her and burping her while they were here.
Vander loves to "chill" outside, especially now that it is cold. We caught him sunning the other day...
This week was my last 4 week at a time visit to the OB. She told me to let her do the worrying about my health and I needed to start worrying about what the baby was going to be wearing home from the hospital. So I go back in 3 weeks. Then I think I start going every week. She does want to do a planned induction but we will know more when we go back each time. When I got on the scale at the appointment, I was afraid. I knew that I had gained a lot of weight, but was unprepared for what it said: 349! I just stood there in shock until the nurse said that I needed to get off so it would clear out, it hadn't cleared out from the previous person. I did gain, but not 200 lbs!!!

Matt and I had our first childbirth classes this week. Those are some graphic videos. I could have done without that. We did get to go tour the hospital (ob ward). It was very interesting to see. We did figure out that Matt will need to bring some type of blow up mattress or cot to sleep on, there is just a recliner in the room that looked very uncomfortable. For those who visited me while I was at the hospital, it was like that one chair that was so uncomfortable only it laid all the way back. She advised that we go ahead and get the car seat and put it in the car, just in case...and to start stocking up on diapers. So next time we are at Wal-mart we are going to grab a pack. Next week we have to bring a doll or stuffed animal so we can practice diapering. That should be fun! Matt and I appear to be among the oldest in the class, it was strange. We also met a couple who is saw the same high risk ob in Plano that we did. The only problem with the class is that we were told it was 7-9, but it is really 7-10 and lately my bed time is 8 or 8:30. So I had a hard time staying alert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home