week in review
This week has flown by…Tuesday I had my OB appointment. I had to drink the glucose test juice, which basically tastes like flat Sunkist. She did an ultrasound and the baby kept kicking right where she was scanning. Then she tried to get a photo of his face and he stuck his nose up at her. What a little personality!!! They took blood for the glucose screening, and of course, I bruised.
Wednesday I went to the Cardiologist for a stress echo. The girl who did mine had only been out of school for 6 months, and apparently my case made her nervous. She said that she had never scanned a pregnant woman on top of all of that!! I was told the test would be maybe 45 minutes. But she scanned for 45 minutes, and then got her supervisor to come and check her scans. So the supervisor scanned for another 45 minutes. I will get the results of those scans on Tuesday of this next week. I don’t expect anything to come of them, they are just trying to see if my heart looks different now than it looked in February.
Thursday we had some friends over for dinner and Friday night we went out for Matt’s office Christmas party. That was a lot of fun! We went out to the Point, which is a restaurant on Lake Texoma. This morning I took Vander and Snickers in for their Christmas presents—their yearly shots. Vander gets very nervous and carsick when going on a ride. So that was fun, I called ahead and a tech met me at the car and took Vander for me. He REALLY doesn’t like the vet’s, but Snickers loves to go.
Today I have been picking up the last of my Christmas gifts. I also have been getting stuff to make for my friends who are having babies. I have 3 friends—all having boys—due between 12/28 and 4/22. So I thought I would get a head start on those gifts. I am also trying to rest today, so I plan on taking a nap shortly!
It is hard to believe that Christmas is nearly here! I need to get my cards in the mail and get the gifts wrapped and under the tree. I try not to get Matt’s gifts out too early, or he tries to figure out what he is getting, he is like a little kid this time of year!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home