updates

Saturday, January 06, 2007

1st week of 2007

This week has flown by. I hope that the rest of the year doesn’t fly by as quickly. I had Monday off for the New Years. Our friends the Jones’s came up for the New Years. Matt spent a lot of time with Caitlyn, their 2 month old daughter. He was getting lots of practice (and confidence). The dogs were very curious about the new “being” in the house. Vander and Twix just wanted to sniff her constantly or kiss her toes. I hope that is an indication of how they will act with little Baby Hanley. Snickers just got concerned when Caitlyn started crying, he went over to Bethany as if to say, make it stop!!!

Monday we finally broke down and bought a new dryer. We had been having to dry each load about 3 times before it was mostly dry. We figure with the new addition we will be doing much more laundry. So Matt researched Consumer Reports and found the best one was on sale at Sears. Off we went. Vander supervised the installation.

Tuesday I had another day off for the National Day of Mourning. I was glad to have another day off since I have no leave left and just wanted to relax. The rest of the week at work was crazy. We saw as many people in a 3 day week that we see usually in a 5 day week. We were running ragged, and since I am restricted to 8 hours a day only, I had to leave more than once while there were still people there and my supervisor had to take over for me. On Friday at work, I was helping an older gentleman when the baby kicked really hard. I jumped and grabbed my side where he had kicked. The man said, please don’t go into labor right now.

Vander has taken back up his guarding roles. He had let me get out of his site for awhile, but he is back on patrol. I was showering after Matt left the other day, and Vander laid in front of the shower the entire time. He follows me everywhere.

We realized that in about 2 months it won’t be just us anymore. A little scary!! Someone asked if we were going to have the baby sleep in the bed with us. We said there are already 5 in the bed, there isn’t room for a 6th.

I hope that you have a great weekend!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home