Neurology appointment
Today was the follow-up at the Neurologist. My friend Bethany and her daughter Caitlyn went with me. We gained some more information and yet there still are questions. They had run some more MRI’s on me over the weekend, and we got the results of those today. The inflammation is no larger nor smaller than in the beginning. Which is good news….it means that it is not a tumor (I immediately thought of Arnold Swartzenegger from Kindergarten Cop: “Its not a tuma”) and it is not a bleed, nor that I am about to have another stroke. They also did not see any “spots” on my spine or neck, ruling out the current presence of MS. The bad news is that the definitive answers cannot be found right now because the only way to know for sure is to do a spinal tap. One cannot have a spinal tap while on blood thinners. Since they cannot rule out 100% that I did not have a stroke, they are not taking me off of the blood thinners during the pregnancy. So we will wait and see. I don’t have to go back to him unless I have more problems until the child is born.
They did reassure me that I am not crazy. I mentioned that I felt as though I was still “limping”. No one else notices it but me, you know how you can see things more on yourself than others can…And how my handwriting does not feel as natural. They believe that since the inflammation is still there on my brain—not a bad thing, just not enough time has passed for it to go down—it is affecting those minute fine motor skills. And if that is the only thing that I have to live with for now, that is a good thing!!
After my appointment, Bethany and I went to the Olive Garden with Caitlyn Renee. This was Caitlyn’s first outing. She did very well. We got great service with a newborn and a pregnant lady, they made sure we were happy!! I got back to town too late to go into work, what is the point going in for 45 minutes?? So I got part of Matt’s Christmas gift, and figured out how to get the other part.
Tomorrow is the OB appointment. Matt is going with me, and I get to drink the orange glucose juice tomorrow, what fun!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home